Usability Problem definition:
A Usability Problem is user experience which doesn’t follow best practice and prevents website or app users from achieving desired goal. For example:
- Font size is too small to be readable
- Form fields have inadequate labelling or error messaging
- Error messaging outside viewport
- Low contrast makes content hard to read
- Buttons and links are hard to click because they are too small or close to other elements
Fixing usability problems is a great way to increase conversion and revenue, often more effective than other conversion optimisation methods such as AB Testing which only improve performance if the experiment wins.