Crowdstream.io Product Review:
Live chat is a proven tool for engaging with website visitors in real-time to assist them in their user journey. Whether it’s problem resolution, customer feedback, or just providing reassurance to visitors that they can have a conversation almost instantly if they get into difficulties. However, most live chat solutions charge a set amount per agent using the software concurrently. This can lead to a significant increase in costs as a website scales up to respond to traffic growth.
Crowdstream, a new entrant to the live chat and CRM market aims to change this business model by having no limit on the number of agents concurrently using their software. As you can see from the table below Crowdstream’s pricing structure is based around the number of customer profiles you need rather than the number of chat hosts working simultaneously. If you need live chat for your personal website then Crowdstream may not be for you, but if you want to add or remove agents as and when you need them Crowdstream gives you the flexibility to do so without any cost implications.
So what are the main benefits of Crowdstream as a live chat and CRM solution?
- You can contact anonymous visitors on your site and begin a conversation to find out what they are looking for and capture potential sales leads.
- Allow visitors to contact you if there are in difficulty or would like to ask questions about your site.
- The chat button is customisable. You can change the location, colour, labels and the shape of the button.
- Create profiles of customers and prospects in the UI and Crowdstream will enrich the profile with names, photos, and social data to allow you to build real relationships with your customers when they are online.
- Send messages to visitors using integrated analytics and create smart segments with triggers to message prospects or customers based upon actual behaviour.
- Create broadcast messages to communicate to all visitors or specific segments in a non-intrusive way.
- The real-time dashboard provides instant information on the precise content that users are browsing, their traffic source, language, location and their level of engagement. This allows you to build up a picture of individual customers which you can use to target them with relevant messages.
Crowdstream also easily integrates with popular solutions such as Google’s Search Console, MailChimp, Stripe and Mandrill. I integrated with Google’s Search Console with a couple of clicks and then had access to data on source of traffic and keywords.
To summarise Crowdstream is a flexible and cost effective live chat solution that also offers light CRM functionality to proactively target customer segments according to their online behaviour. The broadcast function is great for generic communications, but the real benefit of Crowdstream is the ability to have conversations with individual customers and prospects in real-time to build establish and build lasting relationships with your visitors.
Thank you for reading my post and if you found it useful please share using the social media icons on the page.
You can view my full Digital Marketing and Optimization Toolbox here.
To browse links to all my posts on one page please click here.
- About the author: Neal provides digital optimisation consultancy services and has worked for brands such as Deezer.com, Foxybingo.com, Very.co.uk and partypoker.com.
- Neal has had articles published on website optimisation on Usabilla.com and as an ex-research and insight manager on the GreenBook Blog research website. If you wish to contact Neal please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow Neal on Twitter @northresearch and view his LinkedIn profile.