The hero image should be a credible photo or video of a solution that embraces relevance, context, emotion and value to inform or persuade a customer to take action. It is usually a large banner image that is positioned in a prominent central location above the fold on a webpage.
When evaluating a hero image a number of factors need to be considered including:
- Keyword relevancy.
- How it supports the scent trial.
- How does it communicate the purpose of the page?
- Does it communicate authenticity?
- What qualities or emotions does it communicate?
- Does it display the customer as the hero (not the brand)?
Conversion marketing – Glossary of Conversion Marketing.
Over 300 tools reviewed – Digital Marketing Toolbox.
A/B testing software – Which A/B testing tools should you choose?
Image optimisation – Image optimisation tools to improve load speed and conversion.
Beautiful women – Are images of beautiful women on website a distraction?